GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSDec 6, 2019
Iowa Wild (12-7-2-2; 28 pts.) at Milwaukee Admirals (17-4-1-2; 37 pts.)
Iowa completes its five-game road trip with a Friday night contest against the Milwaukee Admirals, the fourth of six meetings between the two clubs. The Wild enter the contest second in the Central Division with 28 points, looking up at the Admirals in first with 37 points. Prior to tonight’s game, the Wild have earned points in three straight contests against the Admirals.
The Wild fell to the San Antonio Rampage by a score of 5-1 Wednesday afternoon, splitting the two-game series against the Texas club. Forward Gerry Mayhew scored the lone goal for the Wild, his team-leading 13th tally of the season. Goaltender Dereck Baribeau earned the start, stopping 15 of 19 shots.
- Forward Luke Johnson currently has a three-game point streak and has recorded five points (3g, 2a) in five games this season.
- Iowa’s seven first goals and 12 goals in the first period are both the fewest in the AHL.
- The Wild’s shot differentials in the second period (plus-68) and third period (plus-76) and total shot differential (plus-172) are all the best marks in the league.
- Iowa’s five wins when trailing after two periods ranks first in the AHL and its .462 points percentage in such games ranks third.
- Defenseman Brenna Menell was recalled from Iowa to Minnesota on Dec. 5, his first NHL call-up.
- Milwaukee fell to the Texas Stars by a score of 5-1 Tuesday evening, snapping the Admirals’ 13-game winning streak, the longest in franchise history.
- Forward Yakov Trenin leads the Admirals in scoring and ranks fifth in the AHL with 26 points (14g, 12a).
- Trenin was named the AHL’s Player of the Week for Dec. 1 and forward Tommy Novak was named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month for November.
- Milwaukee has a plus-20 goal differential at home, the best mark in the league.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.