GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT MILWAUKEE ADMIRALS 1.5.18Jan 5, 2018
Iowa Wild (15-11-6-2; 38 pts.) at Milwaukee Admirals (16-13-4-0; 36 pts.)
Iowa Wild begins a three-games-in-three-days stretch when the team travels up to Milwaukee to face off against the Admirals. Friday’s contest is the fifth of 10 meetings between the two teams this season, with Iowa sporting a 1-3-0-0 record against Milwaukee. All-time, Iowa is 8-8-0-2 in Milwaukee.
The Wild opened 2018 with a 2-1 loss to Chicago Wolves on Jan. 1. The Wolves jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period, with scores at the 2:39 and 6:55 marks in the frame. Wild forward Mario Lucia cut the lead in half when he potted a goal off a rebound at 9:45 in the third period, however, Iowa wasn’t able to tie the game and fell to Chicago.
- Forward Luke Kunin was named to the Central Division team in the 2018 AHL All-Star Classic.
- Forward Zack Mitchell returns to Iowa after playing 21 games with Minnesota of the NHL, where he scored five points (3g, 2a).
- Forward Mario Lucia has three goals in his last two games and six points (4g, 2a) in his last five games.
- Iowa is 7-0-2-0 in the previous nine games immediately following a regulation loss and hasn’t lost in regulation in back-to-back games since opening weekend.
- Milwaukee had a five-game point streak snapped when the team lost 4-2 to Grand Rapids on Jan. 3.
- Goaltender Anders Lindback and forward Emil Pettersson were both named to the 2018 AHL All-Star Classic Thursday.
- Leading point-scorer Bobby Butler was named to the U.S. Men’s Olympic team on Jan. 1.
- Milwaukee’s roster features four players with 20 or more points.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
vs. Manitoba 1/6 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Cleveland 1/7 5:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Manitoba 1/13 2:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Manitoba 1/14 2:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs Chicago 1/17 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.