GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSFeb 19, 2020
Iowa Wild (32-15-3-3; 70 pts.) at Milwaukee Admirals (35-11-4-3; 77 pts.)
Iowa heads to Milwaukee Wednesday night in a clash of two of the top teams in the entire AHL. Iowa, the hottest team in the league since Dec. 25, currently sits in second place in the Central Division with 70 points and Milwaukee, aided by its 13-game winning streak from Nov. 2 – Dec. 1, 2019, is in first place with 77 points.
The Wild saw its eight-game winning streak, 10-game home winning streak and 11-game point streak all snapped with a 5-2 loss to the San Diego Gulls Saturday evening. Forward Luke Johnson scored his third goal in four games and forward Dmitry Sokolov added his first tally since Jan. 18. Goaltender Mat Robson suffered his first regulation loss since Dec. 10, making 30 saves on 34 shots.
- Since Dec. 10, Iowa is 4-0-0-0 in the contests immediately following a regulation loss.
- Forward Gabriel Dumont leads all Wild skaters with six points (3g, 3a) in four games against Milwaukee this year.
- Iowa’s seven regulation losses against the Central are the fewest of any team in the division.
- Iowa has earned points in eight of its last 10 road games, going 6-2-1-1 during that stretch.
- Milwaukee defeated the Manitoba Moose by a score of 4-1 Monday afternoon.
- Reigning AHL MVP Daniel Carr leads the Admirals with 42 points (19g, 23a) in 41 games this season.
- Forward Yakov Trenin has the second-best shooting percentage of any player in the league, converting on 27.6 percent of his shots.
- Milwaukee’s 32 major penalties are two shy of Iowa’s 34, which leads the league.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.