GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT ONTARIO REIGNDec 14, 2019
Iowa Wild (12-10-2-2; 28 pts.) at Ontario Reign (11-11-3-0; 25 pts.)
After a quick two-game homestand, the Wild hit the road again for three games, starting with a contest against the Ontario Reign. The Wild are currently in the midst of a four-game losing streak but still sit in third place in the Central Division with 28 points, while the Reign are in third in the Pacific Division with 25 points. Iowa is 1-1-0-0 against the Reign this season and 4-4-1-1 all-time.
Iowa dropped its fourth straight contest, being shut out by the Tucson Roadrunners by a score of 2-0 Tuesday evening. The game marked the second time this season the Wild failed to score a goal. Goaltender Mat Robson stopped 25 of 27 shots in the defeat.
- Iowa has not scored a 5-on-5 goal since Dec. 1 at San Antonio.
- Through 26 games this season, the Wild have earned 14 points at home, going 6-5-0-2, and 14 points on the road, going 6-5-2-0.
- Iowa’s 7.5 shooting percentage this season is the lowest of any team in the AHL.
- Forward Gabriel Dumont is skating in his 600th pro game tonight.
- Ontario fell to the Stockton Heat by a score of 3-2 in overtime on Dec. 11.
- Forward Martin Frk leads the Reign with 20 points (13g, 7a) in 21 games.
- Frk is riding a four-game point streak, recording seven points (4g, 3a) during that stretch.
- Defenseman Mark Phillips was recalled to Ontario from Fort Wayne of the ECHL.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.