GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT ONTARIO REIGNDec 15, 2019
Iowa Wild (13-10-2-2; 30 pts.) at Ontario Reign (11-11-3-1; 26 pts.)
Iowa and Ontario will meet for the fourth and final time this season when the two teams drop the puck at 5:00 p.m. at Toyota Arena. Saturday’s win moved Iowa into second place in the Central Division with 30 points while Ontario stood pat in third place in the Pacific with 26 points.
The Wild snapped a four-game losing streak as the team earned a 4-3 victory in the shootout against the Reign Saturday night. Forwards Connor Dewar and Will Bitten and defenseman Louie Belpedio all scored in regulation for Iowa, while forwards Sam Anas and Dmitry Sokolov scored in the shootout, the latter recording the game-winner. Goaltender Mat Robson stopped 37 of 40 shots in the win.
- Forward Kyle Rau has four assists in his last two games.
- Forward Colton Beck played in his 300th AHL contest Saturday evening.
- Iowa leads the league with six wins when trailing after two periods.
- Iowa has recorded a goal on special teams in nine of its last 11 contests.
- Ontario leads the league in PIM with 468 and averages 18.00 per game, followed by Iowa, who has 432 and averages 16.00 per game.
- Forward Lance Bouma scored the Reign’s first shorthanded goal of the season Saturday.
- Goaltender Cal Petersen leads the league in saves (786) and ranks second in minutes played (1412:40).
- Forward Gabriel Vilardi is on a three-game point streak and has eight points (4g, 4a) in his last six contests.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.