GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT ROCKFORD ICEHOGSMar 6, 2021
Iowa Wild (3-4-1-0; 7 pts.) at Rockford IceHogs (1-7-1-0; 3 pts.)
The Wild secured a weekend split with the Stars in Texas last weekend, winning 5-3 on Friday and falling 3-2 on Saturday at H-E-B Center. Defenseman Calen Addison scored his first professional goal in a two-goal performance on Friday night. Rockford’s last contest was a 9-4 loss at home to Grand Rapids on Mar. 3.
THRILLING START TO SERIES
The Wild and the IceHogs met for the first time this season on Feb. 13 at Wells Fargo Arena, Iowa won in OT, 3-2, with forward Adam Beckman scoring the game-winner. Wild goaltender Dereck Baribeau made 28 saves and rookie forward Damien Giroux scored his first professional goal in the win. IceHogs' forward Brad Morrison scored twice for Rockford in the loss.
- Forward Gabriel Dumont’s eight-game point streak is the longest in the AHL this season and the longest of his career.
- After a power play goal drought that dated back to Feb. 5, Iowa scored a power play goal in both games against Texas last weekend.
- The Wild penalty kill went a perfect 8-8 on the weekend in Texas.
- Addison is on a 1.00 points-per-game pace, which is second in the AHL amongst rookie defensemen.
- Since Tim Army took over as head coach in 2018, the Wild are 8-5-0-1 against the IceHogs.
THE ROCKFORD REGISTER
- Four of eight Rockford losses have been one-goal games.
- Defenseman Wyatt Kalynuk has one goal, five assists in his first four pro games with the IceHogs.
- In his first game with Rockford since 2014, forward Brandon Pirri scored twice on Mar. 3 against Grand Rapids.
- Kalynuk and fellow defenseman Nicolas Beaudin lead all AHL rookie blueliners with 1.50 points-per-game each.
- Rockford holds an all-time record of 18-9-3-3 against Iowa at BMO Harris Bank Center.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.