GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT ROCKFORD ICEHOGSMar 7, 2021
Iowa Wild (3-5-1-0; 7 pts.) at Rockford IceHogs (2-7-1-0; 5 pts.)
The Wild and the IceHogs met for the second time this season on Mar. 6 and Rockford secured their first win of the series, 3-2. IceHogs’ goaltender Collin Delia made a season-high 35 saves in the win and defenseman Cody Franson scored twice, including the game-winner. Wild Forward Gabriel Dumont scored in the first period to extend his AHL best point streak to nine games. Forward Mason Shaw picked up an assist bringing his point streak to three games.
- Forward Gabriel Dumont is one game away from tying the franchise record point streak of ten games, held by Sam Anas and Gerry Mayhew.
- The Mar. 6 regulation loss ended a streak of seven straight games with at least one point earned against Rockford.
- Dumont has amassed six goals and five assists in nine games played, tying him for second in goals and third in points amongst all AHL skaters.
- Forward Mason Shaw has two goals and two assists in his last three games and will play his 100th career pro game tonight.
THE ROCKFORD REGISTER
- Defenseman Cody Franson is tied for third in scoring amongst AHL defensemen and is on a three-game point streak.
- Rockford’s top three scorers are defensemen (Nicolas Beaudin, Franson, Wyatt Kalynuk).
- Franson is seven points away from reaching 400 professional points.
- Forward Brandon Pirri is two goals shy of Mark McNeil (72) for second place in all-time goals scored for Rockford.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.