GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT ROCKFORD ICEHOGSMay 9, 2021
Iowa Wild (14-12-4-0; 32 pts.) at Rockford IceHogs (11-16-1-0; 23 pts.)
The Wild and the IceHogs conclude their ten-game season series with a matinee matchup at BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford, Ill. Sunday afternoon.
FRIDAY NIGHT FIREWORKS
Iowa finished the home portion of their series with Rockford by rattling off five unanswered goals in a 6-1 victory on Friday, May 7, at Wells Fargo Arena. The Wild received goals from five different goal scorers and had four different multi-point performances in the contest. Sunday afternoon’s matchup in Rockford marks the final game of a ten-game season series with the IceHogs, which currently, is led by the Wild with a record of 5-3-1-0 in the series.
- Sunday’s game in Rockford is the first ever game on Mother’s Day in franchise history.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew scored on Friday night, to extend his point streak at home to nine games.
- The six goals scored Friday night were the most goals for in one game since Feb. 9, 2020 vs. Stockton.
- Rookie forward Matt Boldy had a two-point night on Friday, the fifth multi-point contest of his first ten pro games.
THE ROCKFORD REGISTER
- Rockford rides a three-game home winning streak into Sunday’s game, dating back to Apr. 7.
- The IceHogs are 3-1 in four games played this season against Iowa at BMO Harris Bank Center.
- Rockford has outscored Iowa 16-11 at home this season.
- Forward Chad Yetman earned an assist on Rockford’s lone goal on Friday for his second assist in as many games.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.