GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT SAN JOSE BARRACUDAMar 2, 2020
Iowa Wild (36-16-3-3; 78 pts.) at San Jose Barracuda (17-28-3-2; 39 pts.)
Iowa continues its season-long six-game road trip with a Monday matinee against the San Jose Barracuda. Iowa heads into the contest in second place in the Central Division with 78 points while San Jose is in last place in the Pacific Division with 39 points. All-time, Iowa is 4-2-1-1 against San Jose, including a 1-1-0-0 record this season.
The Wild scored two goals in 17 seconds and goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen made 35 saves in a 2-0 shutout against the Stockton Heat Saturday night. Forwards Mike Liambas and Connor Dewar both scored in the contest and defenseman Josh Atkinson earned the second multi-point game of his career by assisting on both tallies.
- Forward Cody McLeod played in his first game since Dec. 4 on Saturday and logged his third assist of the season.
- During the month of February, goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen went 8-1-0 with a 1.22 goals against average, .959 save percentage, four shutouts, 256 saves and 539 minutes, all of which led the AHL.
- Since Feb. 1, the Wild has averaged 3.64 goals for per game and 1.73 goals against per game.
- Iowa’s 12 wins against the Pacific Division are more than the rest of the Central Division combined (10).
- San Jose fell to the San Diego Gulls by a score of 4-3 in overtime Saturday night.
- Forward Maxim Letunov leads the Barracuda with 34 points (12g, 22a) in 45 games this season.
- Forward Jeffrey Veil has six points (5g, 1a) in his last five contests.
- San Jose’s 50 games played are the fewest of any team in the AHL.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.