GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT STOCKTON HEATFeb 29, 2020
Iowa Wild (35-16-3-3; 76 pts.) at Stockton Heat (29-14-4-3; 65 pts.)
After a single game at home, Iowa embarks on a six-game, 13-day road trip, beginning with a contest against the Stockton Heat Saturday evening. Iowa heads into the contest in second place in the Central Division with 76 points, the second-most in the Western Conference behind Milwaukee’s 82, while Stockton is in second place in the Pacific Division with 65 points.
Special teams paved the way for the Wild as the team defeated the Chicago Wolves by a score of 5-2 Tuesday evening. Forward Luke Johnson recorded his first career hat trick, with every goal coming on the power play, and forward Sam Anas logged three assists, also all on the man advantage, to lead the Wild in points in the contest. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen continued his white-hot play, earning his league-leading 24th win by stopping 21 of 23 shots.
- Forward Sam Anas has recorded more three-assist games (6) than two-assist games (4) this season.
- Forward Luke Johnson became the first player in Wild history to record three power-play goals in a single game and his four tallies in his past two games are the most in the AHL during that stretch.
- Iowa has scored three or more goals in 10 of its last 12 contests, averaging 3.83 goals per game during that time frame.
- Iowa’s .498 strength of schedule for the remainder of the season is the lowest of any team in the AHL.
- Stockton fell to the San Diego Gulls by a score of 4-2 Friday night.
- Forward Alan Quine leads all skaters with 46 points (14g, 32a) in 38 games this season.
- Quine’s 1.21 points per game ranks T-4th among all AHL skaters with at least 10 games played.
- Defenseman Corey Schueneman has nine points (2g, 7a) in his last 10 games.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.