GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT TEXAS STARSFeb 21, 2020
Iowa Wild (33-15-3-3; 72 pts.) at Texas Stars (22-24-2-3; 49 pts.)
After a big win in Milwaukee, Iowa continues its three-game road trip down in Texas where the Wild will take on the Stars. Iowa heads into the game winning 11 of its last 13 contests and currently sitting in second place in the Central Division with 72 points while Texas, having lost its last four contests, is in seventh place with 49 points.
The Wild stormed back from a 2-0 deficit to defeat the Milwaukee Admirals by a score of 3-2 Wednesday evening. Forward Nico Sturm scored the game-winning goal with just 70 seconds remaining in the contest, with forwards Kyle Rau and Dmitry Sokolov netting the other tallies. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen earned his league-leading 22nd win of the season, stopping 29 of 31 shots.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen has won his last seven consecutive outings, a franchise record, while posting a 0.86 goals against average and a .972 save percentage and three shutouts during that stretch.
- Forward Sam Anas has eight points (3g, 5a) in six games against the Stars this season, which leads the team.
- Forward Nico Sturm has four game-winning goals this season, tied for the most by a rookie in the league.
- Iowa’s 16 wins when allowing the first goal are the most of any team in the AHL.
- Texas was shutout by the San Antonio Rampage Saturday, falling 2-0.
- Forward Jason Robertson leads the Stars with 35 points (20g, 15a) in 49 games this year.
- Texas’ 76.6 penalty kill percentage ranks 31st in the league.
- Dallas reassigned forward Joel Kiviranta to Texas on Feb. 20.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.