GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT TEXAS STARSMar 30, 2021
Iowa Wild (5-9-2-0; 12 pts.) at Texas Stars (9-6-2-0; 20 pts.)
Iowa and Texas meet for the sixth time this season Tuesday night in Cedar Park, Texas. Tuesday night’s game was initially scheduled for Feb. 24 at H-E-B Center but was postponed due to league COVID-19 protocols. The last time these two clubs met was Feb. 27 in Cedar Park, Texas and the Stars topped the Wild 3-2.
Iowa secured their first home win in the month of March with a 5-4 victory over the Grand Rapids Griffins on Mar. 27 at Wells Fargo Arena. Forward Connor Dewar had two goals and an assist, defenseman Ryan O’Rourke had one goal and one assist and goaltender Joel Rumpel made 36 saves in the win. Texas returns home from a three-game set in Cleveland Mar. 25, 26 and 28, where the Stars lost two of three to the Monsters. Their only win of the weekend came on Mar. 27 in a 4-3 final.
- Dewar’s three-point night on Mar. 27 was the first three-point performance of his AHL career.
- O’Rourke’s goal on Mar. 27 was his first career professional goal.
- Rumpel’s win on Mar. 27 was his first AHL win since Mar. 16, 2016, when he was with the San Jose Barracuda.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew has seven points in six AHL games played this season.
- Forward Nick Baptiste has points in his last nine consecutive games, the longest active point streak in the AHL.
- Baptiste is on a four-game goal streak as well, the second-longest goal streak in the AHL this season.
- Forward Adam Mascherin leads all Stars in scoring vs. the Wild with three goals, three assists in five games played.
- Texas has only been held to one goal or less in two games this season, including a 4-1 loss to Iowa on Feb. 6.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.