GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT TEXAS STARSMar 31, 2021
Iowa Wild (5-9-3-0; 13 pts.) at Texas Stars (10-6-2-0; 22 pts.)
Iowa and Texas clash for the second straight evening Wednesday night at H-E-B Center in Cedar Park, Texas. The contest is the seventh matchup of a 12-game season series between the two Central Division rivals.
The Wild and the Stars went to overtime for the second time in their season series, with Texas securing the win 4-3 Tuesday night in Cedar Park, Texas. There were four lead changes in the game and Texas got a goal from forward Cole Schneider with 1.4 seconds remaining in regulation to tie the game 3-3, before forward Nick Baptiste scored the OT winner. Texas owns the series lead with a record of 4-2 through six games with Iowa this season.
- Forward Damien Giroux scored one goal and added two assists for the first multi-point game of his pro career.
- Defenseman Calen Addison had one goal and one assist for his third multi-point game of the season and pro career.
- Iowa scored a power play goal for the fourth straight road game, dating back to Mar. 7.
- Forward Mitchell Chaffee recorded two assists for his second career pro multi-assist game.
- Forward Nick Baptiste has points in his last ten consecutive games, one game shy of the franchise record.
- Baptiste is on a five-game goal streak as well, the second-longest goal streak in the AHL this season.
- Forward Riley Damiani tallied a pair of assists Tuesday night and leads all rookie skaters in the AHL in scoring.
- Texas went 0-3 on the power play Tuesday night, just the second time they have not scored a power play goal in their last seven games.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.