GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT TEXAS STARSApr 2, 2021
Iowa Wild (6-9-3-0; 15 pts.) at Texas Stars (10-7-2-0; 22 pts.)
Iowa and Texas clash for the third straight game Friday night at H-E-B Center in Cedar Park, Texas. The contest is the eighth matchup of a 12-game season series between the two Central Division rivals.
RAZOR THIN MARGINS
Iowa and Texas continued their razor-tight season series with another thrilling finish Wednesday night in Cedar Park, Texas. The Wild topped Texas 2-1 as rookie goaltender Hunter Jones turned in a 35-save performance to secure his second career AHL victory. The two teams finish the week with two more contests at H-E-B Center in Texas and finish their 12-game season series with three games at Wells Fargo Arena in May to wrap up the regular season.
- Iowa’s five points (2-0-1) in their last three games is their best three-game stretch of this season.
- Defenseman Calen Addison is on a pro career-best three-game point streak, with four points in that span.
- Iowa scored a power play goal for the fifth straight road game on Wednesday, dating back to Mar. 7.
- Forward Gabriel Dumont recorded two assists for his team-leading fourth multi-point game this season.
- The Wild penalty kill is a perfect 9-9 against the Stars’ power play in the last two games.
- Riley Damiani was named AHL Rookie of the Month in March with four goals, 11 assists for 15 points in the month.
- Nick Baptiste tied a Stars franchise-record 11-game point streak with an assist in Wednesday night’s game.
- Nine of the last 15 games dating back to 2019 between Texas and Iowa have been one-goal games.
- Dallas Stars announced the signings of forward Jordan Kawaguchi and goalie Adam Scheel from the University of North Dakota.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.