GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT TEXAS STARSApr 3, 2021
Iowa Wild (7-9-3-0; 17 pts.) at Texas Stars (10-8-2-0; 22 pts.)
Iowa and Texas finish their four-game battle in Texas Saturday night at H-E-B Center in Cedar Park, Texas.
Iowa secured their second straight victory over Texas blanking the Stars 4-0 at H-E-B Center in Cedar Park, Texas on Friday night. The Wild scored a pair of goals in the second and third periods and goaltender Hunter Jones recorded the first professional shutout of his career (37 saves). The Wild have collected five of a possible six available points during the first three games of a four-game stretch in Texas.
- Jones’ 37-saves tied his AHL career-best numbers and he recorded the first back-to-back wins of his pro career.
- Defenseman Calen Addison extended his AHL career-best point streak to four games, with five points in that span.
- Friday night’s game featured 88 combined penalty minutes, the most since Dec. 6, 2019 at Milwaukee (108).
- Friday’s win marks the first back-to-back victories for Iowa since Feb. 25, 2020 vs. Chicago and Feb. 29, 2020 at Stockton.
- Friday night’s loss was the first time the Stars were shutout in a game since Feb. 22, 2020 vs. Iowa, which also ended 4-0.
- The Stars outshot Iowa 37-23 on Friday and in total have outshot the Wild 106-69 over the last three games.
- Texas’ power play has gone goalless on their last 17 power play opportunities against Iowa dating back to Mar. 30.
- Texas and Iowa have three games left on their season series slate, May 12, 14 and 15 at Wells Fargo Arena.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.