GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT TEXAS STARSOct 16, 2021
Iowa Wild (0-0-0-0; 0 pts.) at Texas Stars (0-0-0-0; 0 pts.)
Iowa battles Texas in their first matchup of the 2021-22 season. Both teams squared off to end the 2020-21 campaign, with Iowa winning the season series 7-5.
TUSSLE IN TEXAS
The Wild and the Stars both wrapped up their 2020-21 campaigns with a three-game series against one another. In that season ending series, Iowa emerged victorious in two of the three contests, outscoring Texas by a combined score of 10-8. In the shortened 2020-21 season, the Wild won the season series against the Stars, collecting seven of a possible 12 wins. Four of the Wild’s top five scorers from the 2020-21 season are returning for the 2021-22 season.
• At the end of the shortened 2020-21 season, the Wild finished in a playoff spot for a third consecutive season.
• Iowa went 13-4-2 to end last season, the best finish to a season in franchise history.
• In their final six games of the 2020-22 season, Iowa outscored their opponents by a combined score of 23-11.
• Assistant Coaches Nolan Yonkman and Nate DiCasmirro make their professional coaching debuts.
TALES OF TEXAS
• Riley Damiani is the only returning Stars player to have finished in the top three in team scoring last season.
• Texas finished 15th in the AHL on the powerplay in 2020-21, converting on 18% of their chances.
• 2019 first round pick (18th Overall), Thomas Harley, led all AHL defensemen in goals (8) last season.
• The Stars played the fifth most games in last year’s shortened season with 38.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.