GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT TUCSON ROADRUNNERSOct 26, 2019
Iowa Wild (5-1-0-1; 11 pts.) vs. Tucson Roadrunners (5-1-0-0; 10 pts.)
Iowa and Tucson will meet again for the second game of a back-to-back Saturday night at Tucson Arena. The contest will be the last time the two teams meet in Arizona this season. Iowa is 1-0-0-1 this season in the second game of a back-to-back.
The Wild suffered its first regulation loss of the season when the team fell to the Tucson Roadrunners by a score of 3-1 Friday night. Goaltender Mat Robson stopped 26 of 29 shots in the contest while Kyle Rau scored the only goal of the contest for Iowa.
- Forward Kyle Rau extended his goal streak to three games with a tally Friday night.
- Friday night’s loss snapped a nine-game point streak for the Wild, dating back to last regular season.
- Friday’s contest marked the first time the Wild were outshot this season.
- Forward Sam Anas is the Wild’s all-time leading scorer against the Roadrunners, amassing nine points (2g, 7a) in nine career contests.
- Tucson allowed a goal in the first period goal for the first time this season when Rau scored for Iowa in the opening frame Friday night.
- Forward Lane Pederson ranks second in the AHL in goals with seven.
- Pederson is currently on a six-game goal streak, the second-longest such streak in the AHL.
- Forward Michael Chaput has eight points (4g, 4a) in five career games against the Wild.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.