GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD MILWAUKEE ADMIRALS 3.25.18Mar 25, 2018
Iowa Wild (30-21-9-6; 75 pts.) at Milwaukee Admirals (33-28-4-1; 71 pts.)
Iowa Wild closes out its second three-in-three stretch in nine days when the team travels up to Milwaukee to face off against the Admirals at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena Sunday evening. Iowa currently sits in fourth in the Central Division, while Milwaukee resides in sixth. Iowa battles Milwaukee in four of the team’s final 10 games of the season.
The Wild suffered a 3-2 loss in the shootout to Grand Rapids Griffins Saturday night. Wild forward Sam Anas recorded his 22nd goal of the season in the game, while Iowa forwards Kyle Rau and Cal O’Reilly extended their point streaks to seven and eight games, respectively. Wild goaltender Steve Michalek put in an impressive effort despite the outcome, stopping 39 shots.
- Wild forward Pat Cannone has six points (2g, 4a) in six games against the Admirals this season.
- Iowa captain O’Reilly has the best points to PIM ratio in the AHL, averaging 6.9 points per penalty minute.
- O’Reilly’s eight-game point streak is his longest since March 7-22, 2015.
- Rookie Brennan Menell has 24 points (7g, 17a) this season, the most in franchise history for a first-year defenseman.
- Admirals defeated IceHogs 5-2 in Rockford Friday night.
- Milwaukee forward Emil Pettersson paces the Admirals with 40 points (12g, 28a) in 62 games this season.
- Goaltender Anders Lindback is second in the AHL in wins with 28 and leads the AHL in minutes (3013:13)
- Milwaukee has gone to the shootout in three of its last four home games.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
at Chicago 3/28 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Tucson 3/30 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Tucson 3/31 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Cleveland 4/3 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Chicago 4/5 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.