GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. CHICAGO WOLVESDec 5, 2018
Iowa Wild (13-4-3-2; 31 pts.) vs. Chicago Wolves (10-9-2-1, 23 pts.)
Iowa Wild welcomes the Chicago Wolves to Wells Fargo Arena for the first time in the 2018-19 season Wednesday evening. Iowa is off to the best start in franchise history as the team currently sits in first place in the Central Division with 31 points, while Chicago is in fifth place with 23. Iowa notched a 4-3 overtime victory against Chicago on Nov. 17 in the first meeting of the season series between the two teams.
The Wild extended its road point streak to nine games with a 3-2 victory in the shootout against the Colorado Eagles on Dec. 1, tying a franchise record in the process. Forwards Luke Kunin and Dmitry Sokolov recorded goals in the contest and forward Justin Kloos notched his first shootout tally of the season to secure the two points.
- On Dec. 3, goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen was named the CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month for November, the first ever Iowa player to receive a monthly award.
- Iowa is currently riding a nine-game point streak, the second-longest active streak in the AHL.
- Iowa’s 48 goals for at home are second-most in the AHL and one shy of the lead.
- Forward Kyle Rau ranks fourth in the league in shots with 77.
- Chicago fell to the Texas Stars 7-4 on Dec. 2 in Chicago.
- Forward Brandon Pirri leads the Wolves in points with 26 (10g, 16a) in 22 games.
- Chicago is just one of two teams in the AHL to score at least two goals in every game this season (other: Providence).
- Forward Alex Gallant was suspended by the AHL for two games on Dec. 4, forcing him to miss tonight and Friday’s game against the Wild.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.