GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. CHICAGO WOLVESDec 28, 2019
Iowa Wild (17-11-2-2; 38 pts.) vs. Chicago Wolves (14-16-2-0; 30 pts.)
Iowa competes against the Chicago Wolves for the fourth of eight times this season as the two sides meet at Wells Fargo Arena Saturday evening. Iowa heads into the contest sitting in sole possession of second place in the Central Division with 38 points while Chicago is in fifth place with 30 points. Iowa is 1-2-0-0 this season against Chicago.
The Wild pushed its win streak to four games, the longest of the season, as the team dismantled the Rockford IceHogs by a score of 6-2 Friday evening. Five Wild players recorded a tally in the contest (forwards Colton Beck, Gerry Mayhew (2), Dmitry Sokolov, Brandon Duhaime and Luke Johnson) and goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 17 of 19 shots in the victory.
- Forward Colton Beck’s score 22 seconds into Friday’s contest was the quickest goal to start a game in Wild history.
- Forward Kyle Rau is currently on a seven-game assist streak and nine-game point streak, both of which are career highs.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew’s 18 goals are the most on the Wild and rank second in the entire AHL, two off the lead.
- Since being reassigned to Iowa on Dec. 16, goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen is 4-0-0 with a 2.44 goals against average and a .912 save percentage.
- Chicago was shut out by the Texas Stars 3-0 on Dec. 22.
- Forward Lucas Elvenes leads the Wolves in scoring with 29 points (7g, 22a) in 32 games this season.
- Goaltender Oscar Dansk has won his last five outings for the Wolves, posting a 1.60 goals against average and a .945 save percentage.
- Chicago has earned points in each of its last three outings at Wells Fargo Arena.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.