GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. CHICAGO WOLVESFeb 25, 2020
Iowa Wild (34-16-3-3; 74 pts.) vs. Chicago Wolves (26-24-3-2; 57 pts.)
Iowa makes a pit-stop at Wells Fargo Arena for a single game to take on the Chicago Wolves Tuesday evening, the sixth of eight contests between the two teams. Iowa heads into the game in second place in the Central Division with 74 points while Chicago is in fourth place with 57 points. Iowa has yet to win a game against Chicago at home this season.
For the first time since March 11, 2017, the Wild earned a victory at H-E-B Center as the team shutout the Texas Stars by a score of 4-0 Saturday night. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen earned his AHL-leading 23rd win and sixth shutout as forwards Luke Johnson, Brandon Duhaime and Mike Liambas and defenseman Hunter Warner all scored goals in the victory.
- Forward Luke Johnson has scored the first goal of the contest in three of the Wild’s last six games.
- Iowa’s 20 wins at home are tied for the most in the AHL.
- Despite being the second-most penalized team in the league, Iowa owns a plus-36 penalty minute differential.
- Iowa recalled forwards Mitch McLain and Kyle Bauman and defenseman Matt Register from the Allen Americans in the ECHL Sunday.
- Chicago defeated the Rockford IceHogs by a score of 5-1 Sunday afternoon.
- Forward Lucas Elvenes leads the Wolves with 43 points (11g, 32a) in 54 games.
- Forward Brandon Pirri has a three-game goal streak and five points (4g, 1a) in his last four games.
- Chicago’s 11 regulation losses when scoring the first goal are tied for the most in the AHL.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.