GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. CHICAGO WOLVESMar 13, 2021
Iowa Wild (3-6-2-0; 8 pts.) vs. Chicago Wolves (8-2-0-1; 17 pts.)
The Iowa Wild and the Chicago Wolves clash for the third time this season on Saturday night at Wells Fargo Arena. The Wild and the Wolves met for the first two games of their season series on Feb. 20 and Feb. 21 in Chicago. The Wolves took both games and outscored Iowa 14-3 on the weekend. Chicago forward Morgan Geekie earned AHL Player of the Week honors with four goals and an assist in the two games. Wild Forward Gabriel Dumont leads Iowa in points against the Wolves with two assists.
Both clubs bring losing streaks into Saturday night’s game. Iowa has dropped three in a row, falling on both Mar. 6 and Mar. 7 in Rockford and splitting with Texas on Feb. 26 and Feb. 27. Chicago was swept by Cleveland at home on Mar. 5 and Mar. 6 and have dropped three of their last four games dating back to a Feb. 26 loss at Grand Rapids.
- Dumont tied the Wild franchise record point streak of ten games with an assist on Mar. 7 at Rockford.
- Dumont’s point streak is the longest in the AHL this season and he is tied for fourth in the AHL in scoring (6g-6a-12pts).
- Forward Connor Dewar recorded his first career AHL two-goal game on Mar. 7 and is tied for second on the Wild in scoring (5g-3a-8pts).
- Defenseman Calen Addison is tied for first amongst all AHL rookie defensemen in assists (6), is tied for second in points (8), and is tied for third in goals (2).
- The Wolves are currently without three of their top five scorers: Jeremy Davies, Rem Pitlick, and Seth Jarvis.
- Chicago is 9-6-0-2 at Wells Fargo Arena over the past five seasons.
- The Wolves’ 47 goals for is the most of any team in the AHL this season.
- Chicago has racked up 182 penalty minutes, which stands as second-most in the AHL.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.