GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. CHICAGO WOLVESMar 14, 2021
Iowa Wild (3-6-2-0; 8 pts.) vs. Chicago Wolves (9-2-0-1; 19 pts.)
The Wild duel the Chicago Wolves for game four of their season series to wrap up the weekend. Iowa was stymied by Chicago goaltender Beck Warm in game three of the series on Mar. 13. The Whistler, B.C. born goaltender recorded his first career professional shutout in a 4-0 win for the Wolves over the Wild at Wells Fargo Arena. Warm made 31 saves and forwards Dominik Bokk, Tanner Jeannot, Tommy Novak and Sheldon Rempal all had a goal and an assist in the win. Iowa went 0-7 on the power play and was handed their first shutout loss of the season.
- The last time Iowa was shutout in a game was Dec. 10, 2019 at home against Tucson.
- Gabriel Dumont’s franchise record ten-game point streak came to a halt. He remains tied with Sam Anas and Gerry Mayhew for the record.
- Rookie goaltender Hunter Jones posted an AHL career-best .895 SV%, stopping 34 shots in the loss.
- Mason Shaw led the Wild in shots-on-goal with six in the Mar. 13 game.
- Iowa went 0-7 on the power play.
- Jeannot recorded the Wolves’ first “Gordie Howe hat trick” (goal, assist, fight) since Keegan Kolesar on Nov. 23, 2018.
- Chicago piled up 31 PIMS in game one of the weekend and have accrued 78 PIMS in three games against Iowa this year.
- The Wolves’ penalty kill is 17-17 against the Wild power play this season, including going 7-7 in the Mar. 13 win.
- Chicago’s power play is 5-15 against the Iowa penalty kill this season, which includes a 2-5 performance on Mar. 13.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.