GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. CHICAGO WOLVESApr 9, 2021
Iowa Wild (8-9-3-0; 19 pts.) vs. Chicago Wolves (14-3-0-1; 29 pts.)
Iowa and Chicago clash for the fifth time this season Friday night at Wells Fargo Arena. The last time these two clubs met was a two-game set in Des Moines on Mar. 13 and Mar. 14. The Wolves swept the weekend winning both games.
Iowa returns to Wells Fargo Arena after their most successful road trip to Texas in franchise history. The Wild took seven of a possible eight points from the Stars winning three out-of-four games in Cedar Park, Texas. Their only loss came in a 4-3 overtime loss on Tuesday night. Chicago has been rolling recently as well, with wins in six of their last seven games. Their most recent contest on Apr. 7, was a 4-3 loss in Rockford to the IceHogs.
- The Wild’s three-game winning streak is their longest unbeaten streak since Feb. 22 to Feb. 29, 2020.
- Forward Matt Boldy is set to make his professional debut tonight for Iowa. The #12 overall pick in 2019 by Minnesota is the second-highest draft pick to play for Iowa in franchise history.
- Defenseman Calen Addison is on an AHL career-best five-game point streak, with six points over that span.
- Iowa’s penalty kill killed a franchise-record 21 straight power plays, tying the mark set Nov. 7 to Nov. 16, 2018.
- Goaltender Hunter Jones is sporting a three-game winning streak and earned CCM/AHL Player of the Week honors.
- Forward Tanner Jeannot tied the Wolves’ franchise record point streak of 12 games with an assist on Wednesday.
- The Wolves have won all four games this season against the Wild and outscored Iowa 24-5.
- Jeannot is also on an eight-game goal streak and on one goal shy of tying the Wolves’ franchise record.
- Rookie forward Phil Tomasino is riding a four-game point streak, with seven points over that stretch.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.