GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINSMar 26, 2021
Iowa Wild (4-8-2-0; 10 pts.) vs. Grand Rapids Griffins (7-3-2-0; 16 pts.)
The Wild and the Griffins collide for the first time this season Friday night at Wells Fargo Arena. Iowa and Grand Rapids play games one and two of their four-game season series Friday and Saturday night in Des Moines, Iowa.
The Wild return to Des Moines after a series split in Rockford on Mar. 21 and Mar. 22. Iowa picked up a 5-3 win on Sunday night, where Gerry Mayhew led the way scoring two goals and adding an assist in the win. Rockford won on Monday by a final score of 6-1. The Griffins have not lost inside regulation in their last five games, sporting a record of 3-0-2-0 over that stretch. Their most recent contest was on Mar. 20 at Cleveland, which ended 5-2 in favor of Grand Rapids.
- Mayhew is on a three-game goal streak and has four goals and an assist in his first four AHL games this year.
- Including this season, last season and the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs, Mayhew has 52 goals in his last 64 AHL games.
- Gabriel Dumont had one goal and two assists on Mar. 21, his fifteen points are tied for sixth in AHL scoring.
- The forward line of Mayhew (2g, 1a), Dumont (1g, 2a), and Sheehy racked up eight combined points on Mar. 21.
- Iowa is 15-7-2-6 over the last five seasons against Grand Rapids.
- The Wild were 4-1-0-1 vs. the Griffins in the 2019-20 season.
GRAND RAPIDS REPORT
- First of four meetings between Iowa and Grand Rapids this season.
- The Griffins’ power play on the road ranks first amongst all AHL teams with a percentage of 33.3%.
- Grand Rapids’ .625 win percentage on the road is 11th best in the AHL. Their road record is 5-3.
- Grand Rapids is 7-1-2-0 in their last ten games played. Five of those seven wins came on the road.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.