GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSNov 14, 2018
Iowa Wild (8-4-1-0; 17 pts.) vs. Milwaukee Admirals (9-4-3-0; 21 pts.)
Iowa Wild continues its homestand with a Wednesday night contest against the Milwaukee Admirals. The game will be the first of six contests between the two clubs this season. All-time, Iowa holds a 17-21-3-3 record against Milwaukee.
The Wild dropped a second consecutive contest to the Bakersfield Condors, as Iowa fell by a score of 4-3. Forward Dmitry Sokolov recorded his first career multi-goal game while forward Sam Anas added his third goal of the season. Goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 29 shots in the loss.
- Forward Sam Anas is currently riding a three-game goal streak after being goalless for the first 10 games.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly has seven points in his last four games, tied for the most in the AHL during that stretch.
- Defenseman Brennan Menell tied the franchise record for an assist streak, notching seven games with a helper from Oct. 20 – Nov. 7, 2018.
- Minnesota reassigned forward Matt Read to Iowa on Nov. 11.
- Milwaukee snapped a five-game losing streak with a 7-2 victory against the Chicago Wolves on Nov. 11.
- The Admirals’ seven goals on Sunday was the most the team has scored in a single game all season and the most since scoring seven against Iowa on March 25, 2018.
- Defenseman Matt Donovan paces the Admirals with 14 points (7g, 7a) in 16 games.
- Donovan is just one of three defenders to lead their respective team in points.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.