GAME PREVIEW: IOWA WILD VS. MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSJan 21, 2023
Iowa Wild (19-14-2-2; 42 pts.) vs. Milwaukee Admirals (21-14-1-2; 45 pts.)
The Iowa Wild take on the Milwaukee Admirals at Wells Fargo Arena Saturday at 6 p.m. in the second game of a back-to-back weekend set. The Wild beat the Admirals 3-2 in overtime on Friday and have won six consecutive games.
The Iowa Wild have been red hot over the last two weeks, winning six in a row. The Wild have also won six consecutive games at Wells Fargo Arena. Iowa is 8-2-0-0 over the past 10 games, trailing only Coachella Valley (9-0-0-1) and Toronto (9-1-0-0) for the best 10-game span in the American Hockey League. The Wild have only allowed 20 goals and have scored 32 over the last 10 games.
• Nic Petan’s overtime winner Friday night pushed Iowa’s power play to a season high 20% conversion rate and bumped the Wild power play to 13th in the AHL
• Iowa has scored a power play goal in four straight games and seven of the last eight games
• The Wild also ranked tied for first in the league with eight shorthanded goals for
• Iowa has won three overtime games in a row since losing the season’s first two overtime decisions
• The Wild have also won three straight shootouts since dropping the season’s first two
• Iowa ranks tied for ninth in the league with 10 overtime games played
• The Wild had 18 games decided in overtime or a shootout in 2021-22
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com. Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at 515-564-8700 or email@example.com. Season tickets for 2023-24 are on sale now. Fans can purchase season tickets for the upcoming season at https://www.iowawild.com/wild-365.
Visit http://www.iowawild.com/pressbox for the latest news and information from the team including press releases, game notes, multimedia content, and daily statistics.