GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSNov 21, 2018
Iowa Wild (11-4-1-0; 23 pts.) vs. Milwaukee Admirals (10-6-3-0, 23 pts.)
For the third time in eight days, Iowa Wild will face off against the Milwaukee Admirals with first place on the line. Both teams head into the contest with 23 points, but Iowa owns the tie-breaker with a .719 points percentage compared to Milwaukee’s .605. The Wild is 9-9-1-3 all-time in Milwaukee against the Admirals.
The Wild extended its winning streak to three games when the team defeated the Chicago Wolves by a score of 4-3 in overtime on Saturday. Goaltender Andrew Hammond earned his seventh win of the season, stopping 29 of 32 shots in the process. Forwards Gerry Mayhew, Kyle Rau, Dmitry Sokolov and Gerry Fitzgerald all recorded goals in the contest.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly has recorded 10 points (1g, 9a) in his last seven games, tied for the most in the AHL during that stretch.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen was named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, becoming the fourth player in Wild history to have the honor.
- Kahkonen leads the AHL in goals against average (0.79), save percentage (.972) and shutouts (3).
- Iowa’s four-game road winning streak is the longest active streak in the AHL.
- Milwaukee defeated the Ontario Reign by a score of 2-1 on Saturday evening.
- The Admirals are led by defenseman Matt Donovan, who has 15 points (7g, 8a) in 18 games.
- Milwaukee has recorded the third-most points at home in the AHL this season, notching 12 in nine home games.
- Nashville reassigned forward Rocco Grimaldi to Milwaukee on Nov. 20.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.