GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. MILWAUKEE ADMIRALS 4.8.18Apr 8, 2018
Iowa Wild (31-26-9-6; 77 pts.) vs. Milwaukee Admirals (37-30-4-1; 79 pts.)
Iowa Wild faces off against Milwaukee Admirals Sunday afternoon in the first of three games between the two clubs in the final week of the season. Iowa has a 2-4-0-1 record against Milwaukee this season and a 1-1-0-1 record at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
The Wild snapped a nine-game winless streak as the team defeated Chicago Wolves by a score of 7-3 at Wells Fargo Arena Friday night. Six different skaters recorded goals in the game (Zack Mitchell, Alex Grant, Sam Anas, Mark Auk, Gerry Mayhew, Kyle Rau) while goaltender Steve Michalek stopped 27 pucks in the win.
- Iowa recorded five first period goals against Chicago, the most in the opening frame in team history.
- Cal O’Reilly recorded his fifth three-assist night of the season Friday, which leads the team.
- O’Reilly’s 46 assists this season ranks third in the AHL.
- Mark Auk recorded his first professional goal against Chicago, which also stood as the game-winner.
- Milwaukee fell to Chicago 5-1 Saturday evening at Allstate Arena.
- Forward Emil Pettersson leads the Admirals in scoring with 45 points (13g, 32a) in 68 games this season.
- Four Admirals players (Bobby Butler, Frederick Gaudreau, Trevor Smith and Pettersson) are playing at a point-per-game pace against the Wild this season.
- Gaudreau currently has a six-game point streak, where he’s recorded nine points (5g, 4a) during that stretch.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
vs. Rockford 4/10 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Milwaukee 4/13 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Milwaukee 4/14 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.