GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSApr 6, 2019
Iowa Wild (34-25-8-5; 81 pts.) vs. Milwaukee Admirals (33-24-13-2; 81 pts.)
Iowa and Milwaukee face off for the final time this season, meeting in what could be the biggest game for each team this season. Iowa is in third place in the Central Division with 81 points and a magic number of eight, while the Admirals are in fourth place with 81 points, also with a magic number of eight. Iowa is 4-0-0-1 against Milwaukee this season.
Forward Gerry Mayhew recorded his first career hat trick but the Wild ultimately fell to the Tucson Roadrunners by a score of 4-3 Wednesday evening. Forward Will Bitten (2a) recorded his sixth multi-point game of the season and goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 26 of 30 shots in the contest.
- The Wild have points in its last eight games against the Admirals, going 6-0-1-1 during that stretch.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly has five points (1g, 4a) in four games against his former team this season.
- O’Reilly recorded his 50th assist of the year against Tucson on Wednesday, setting a franchise record for helpers in a single season and marking the fourth time in his career he’s had 50-plus assists.
- Forwards Gerry Mayhew and Kyle Rau both lead the team with 26 goals, tied for the franchise record for tallies in a single season.
- Mayhew’s hat trick was the Wild’s fifth of the season, the most in franchise history.
- Milwaukee defeated the Central Division-leading Chicago Wolves by a score of 4-3 Friday evening.
- Forwards Adam Helewka and Anthony Richard lead the Admirals with 45 points (18g, 27a and 22g, 23a, respectively) this season.
- The Admirals are currently riding a nine-game point streak, the longest active streak, going 8-0-1-1 during that stretch.
- Goaltender Troy Grosenick has wins in each of his last five starts.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.