GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. ONTARIO REIGNMar 2, 2019
Iowa Wild (29-17-6-5; 69 pts.) vs. Ontario Reign (18-25-5-2; 43 pts.)
Iowa heads out to Ontario for the first and only time this season, as the two teams kick off a two-game series Saturday night. The Wild currently sit in third place in the Central Division with 69 points, three points shy of first place; Ontario is last in the Pacific with 43 points. Iowa is 1-1-0-0 this season against the Reign.
The Wild shut out Bakersfield Friday night by a score of 1-0, snapping the Condors’ 17-game winning streak in the process. Forward Dmitry Sokolov scored the only goal in the contest and goaltender Andrew Hammond, making his first appearance since Feb. 2, stopped all 30 shots he faced.
- Friday’s 1-0 win was the first such win in regulation for the Wild since Jan. 18, 2014 vs. Lake Erie.
- Both of goaltender Andrew Hammond’s shutouts this season have come on the road.
- Iowa has earned a point in five of the last six games in which the team scored first.
- Iowa signed forward Riley Bourbonnais to a PTO on March 1.
- Ontario defeated the San Jose Barracuda by a score of 8-4 Friday night.
- Forward Matt Moulson leads the Reign with 50 points (24g, 26a) in 50 games.
- Moulson’s eight points (2g, 6a) since Feb. 20 is tied for the most in the AHL.
- Los Angeles recalled forward Matt Luff from Ontario on Feb. 28
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.