GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. ROCKFORD ICEHOGSDec 26, 2018
Iowa Wild (15-8-4-3; 37 pts.) vs. Rockford IceHogs (15-10-2-4, 36 pts.)
Iowa continues its five-game homestand Wednesday evening with a contest against the Rockford IceHogs. The meeting will be the second of the season at Wells Fargo Arena between these two clubs and the fourth overall. Entering the matchup, Iowa is in fourth place in the Central Division with 37 points while Rockford just behind the Wild in fifth with 36 points.
The Wild fell to the Stockton Heat on Dec. 22 by a score of 5-1. Former Wild forward Tyler Graovac potted a hat-trick while defenseman Louie Belpedio scored the lone goal for Iowa. Goaltender Andrew Hammond made his first start since Nov. 17, stopping 16 of 20 shots in the loss.
- Iowa boasts the third-best power play at home, converting on 26.5 percent of its chances.
- Forward Justin Kloos has recorded an assist in his last five home games, the second-longest active streak in the league.
- Kloos’ seven points (3g, 4a) in his last two games is the most in the AHL during that stretch.
- Rookie defenseman Louie Belpedio has four points (2g, 2a) in his last five games.
- Rockford defeated the Chicago Wolves by a score of 5-4 in overtime on Dec. 21.
- The IceHogs are led by forward Anthony Louis and defenseman Darren Raddysh who both have 19 points in 31 games this season.
- Rockford is 4-0-1-0 in its last five games and its five-game point streak is tied for the longest active streak in the AHL.
- Chicago reassigned defenseman Luke Johnson to Rockford on Dec. 22.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.