GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. ROCKFORD ICEHOGSApr 13, 2021
Iowa Wild (9-9-4-0; 22 pts.) vs. Rockford IceHogs (7-12-1-0; 15 pts.)
Iowa and Rockford collide for the sixth time this season Tuesday night at Wells Fargo Arena. The last four games of the season series were played in Rockford and the IceHogs took three of four contests. The Wild won the opening game of the series in Des Moines on Feb. 13, 3-2 in overtime.
The Wild are 5-0-2 in their last seven games after a 5-4 OT loss to Chicago on Saturday, Apr. 10 at Wells Fargo Arena. Iowa scored two goals in the final two minutes with their goalie pulled for an extra attacker to force OT. Rookie forward Matt Boldy scored the third goal, for the second goal in his first two pro games. Rookie Forward Mitchell Chaffee scored his first pro goal 42 seconds after Boldy to tie the game at 4-4. Rockford’s last game was a 4-3 win at home over Chicago on Apr. 7.
- Iowa’s flawless penalty kill streak ended on Saturday, setting a franchise record 30 straight kills.
- Defenseman Calen Addison had two assists on Saturday extending his point streak to seven games and totaling nine points throughout the streak.
- The Wild’s power play went 4-14 in the past two games at home, their best stretch at home of the season.
- Five of Iowa’s nine goals over their last two games were scored by rookies.
- Rookie forward Josiah Slavin had two assists on Apr. 7 and has two goals and two assists in his first four pro games.
- Forward Brandon Pirri moved into second place on the IceHogs’ career goals list (73) with a hat trick on Apr. 7.
- Two of the three top scorers against Iowa this season are defensemen: Nicolas Beaudin (2g-4a-6pts) and Cody Franson (3g-2a-5pts).
- On Apr. 7, the Chicago Blackhawks announced the purchase of the IceHogs franchise.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.