GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. ROCKFORD ICEHOGSApr 23, 2021
Iowa Wild (11-10-4-0; 26 pts.) vs. Rockford IceHogs (8-13-1-0; 17 pts.)
Iowa clashes with Rockford Friday night at Wells Fargo Arena. The Wild play the IceHogs four times over the next six games, with three of four at home. The last time these teams met was on Apr. 13, which resulted in a 4-1 win for Iowa.
Iowa returns home after a weekend split out in Grand Rapids on Apr. 16 and 17. The Wild scored four goals in a span of six minutes during the third period on Friday night, but eventually fell 5-4 to the Griffins. Saturday night, the Griffins stormed back late with two third period goals to force OT. Iowa Forward Brandon Duhaime scored the game-winner for a 4-3 final. Rockford’s most recent contest was a 4-3 shootout victory at home over the Chicago Wolves on Apr. 17.
- Iowa sports a record of 5-1-1 through seven games this month and have outscored opponents 29-17.
- Rookie forward Damien Giroux has three goals, five assists for eight points in seven games played in April.
- Rookie forward Matt Boldy has three goals, two assists for five points in his first five pro games, all in April.
- Rookie forward Mitchell Chaffee has one goal, six assists for seven points in seven April contests.
THE ROCKFORD REGISTER
- Rockford has scored first in five straight games and in six of their last seven games.
- The IceHogs recorded 41 shots on goal on Apr. 17 against Chicago, a season-high mark.
- Forward Brandon Pirri is on a four-game point streak, tied for the longest of any IceHogs’ player this season.
- Rockford has lost three straight road games coming into Friday night’s contest at Wells Fargo Arena.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.