GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. ROCKFORD ICEHOGSApr 24, 2021
Iowa Wild (12-10-4-0; 28 pts.) vs. Rockford IceHogs (8-14-1-0; 17 pts.)
Iowa battles Rockford for the eighth game of their season series Saturday night at Wells Fargo Arena. The Wild have the current edge in the series with a 4-2-1 record against Rockford this season.
Iowa carved out their seventh win in the last ten games with a 3-2 victory over Rockford on Friday night at Wells Fargo Arena. After the IceHogs carried a 2-1 lead into the first intermission, the Wild got goals from forwards Connor Dewar and Brandon Duhaime in the second period. Iowa held the 3-2 lead they took into the third period for their second straight win over Rockford. Goalie Hunter Jones came in to relieve goalie Dereck Baribeau who left due to injury in the first period.
- Iowa is 4-0-1 in their last five home games and have outscored their opponents 20-13.
- Rookie goaltender Hunter Jones secured the fifth win of his pro career and has four wins in his last five outings.
- Rookie forward Matt Boldy had two assists for his third multi-point game, in just six career professional contests.
- Duhaime’s second period tally extended his goal streak to three games.
THE ROCKFORD REGISTER
- Rockford scored first Friday night and have scored the opening goal in six straight games.
- The IceHogs are 0-3 at Wells Fargo Arena this year and have lost nine straight in Des Moines dating back to Nov. 4, 2018.
- Former UMass-Amherst forward Carson Gicewicz made his professional debut Friday night with Rockford.
- The IceHogs are winless in their last four road contests.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.