GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. ROCKFORD ICEHOGSMay 7, 2021
Iowa Wild (13-12-4-0; 30 pts.) vs. Rockford IceHogs (11-16-1-0; 23 pts.)
The Wild welcome the Rockford IceHogs to Wells Fargo Arena for the final game in Des Moines of their season series. Friday night is game one of the weekend, and game nine of an eventual ten-game season series.
After finishing an eight-game season series vs. Chicago with a 5-2 win on Saturday, May 1, Iowa returns home to conclude their ten-game season series with Rockford at Wells Fargo Arena. The IceHogs’ most recent contest was on Monday, May 3, at Grand Rapids, where the IceHogs skated to a 3-2 win in a shootout. The last time Rockford and Iowa clashed was on Apr. 24 at Wells Fargo Arena. The game ended in favor of Rockford, 5-3. Both teams are 4-3-1-0 in the season series.
- Iowa had four players deliver multi-point performances on Saturday (Addison, Burton, Duhaime, Dumont).
- Goaltender Robbie Beydoun made 25 saves in his AHL debut, recording his first AHL win.
- Forward Will Bitten led all Wild players in scoring during the month of April, with five goals, five assists in 11 games.
- Rookie forward Nick Swaney recorded his first professional point on Saturday, assisting on a Mitch McLain goal.
THE ROCKFORD REGISTER
- Rockford had three players record multi-point performances in their 3-2 SOW over Grand Rapids.
- Four of the IceHogs’ last five games were decided by a 3-2 scoreline.
- Four of eight games between Iowa and Rockford were one-goal games.
- Four different Rockford goalies have faced Iowa this season and of the four, three have posted a .923 SV% or above in the series.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.