GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGE 2.12.18Feb 12, 2018
Iowa Wild (24-15-7-3; 58 pts.) vs. San Antonio Rampage (24-19-6-0; 54 pts.)
Iowa Wild hosts its third game in four days as San Antonio Rampage heads to Wells Fargo Arena Monday night. The game is the fifth of six meetings between the two teams, with Iowa owning a 2-1-1-0 against San Antonio this season.
The Wild gritted out a 2-1 win against Rockford IceHogs Saturday in the team’s Pink in the Rink game. Wild forward Kurtis Gabriel, who missed significant time with a wrist injury, scored his first goal of the season, while forward Justin Kloos potted a power-play goal for the game-winner. Wild goaltender Niklas Svedberg stopped 36 shots in the win.
- Goaltender Niklas Svedberg has won seven of his last eight starts.
- As a team, Iowa has a 12 percent shooting percentage, which ranks first in the AHL.
- Forwards Sam Anas and Cal O’Reilly each have 40 points, making Iowa one of five AHL teams with multiple 40-point players.
- Minnesota Wild recalled defenseman Nick Seeler and reassigned defenseman Viktor Loov on Feb. 11.
- San Antonio fell to Milwaukee Admirals 5-4 in overtime on Feb. 10.
- The Rampage is currently on an eight-game road trip, where the team has a 0-2-2-0 record so far.
- Pacing the Rampage is forward Samuel Blais, who has 27 points (11g, 16a) in 26 games.
- San Antonio recalled defenseman Nolan De Jong from Colorado Eagles on Feb. 11.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
vs. Texas 2/18 3:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Texas 2/19 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Grand Rapids 2/24 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Grand Rapids 2/25 3:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Manitoba 3/2 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.