GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGEFeb 5, 2020
Iowa Wild (27-14-3-3; 60 pts.) vs. San Antonio Rampage (16-18-6-5; 43 pts.)
For the first time this season, Iowa will welcome the San Antonio Rampage to Wells Fargo Arena as the two Central Division foes will battle Wednesday night. Iowa currently sits in second place with 60 points while San Antonio is in seventh with 43 points. The meeting is the third of eight contests between the two clubs, with the sides splitting a two-game series in early December.
The Wild earned a 4-1 victory against the Grand Rapids Griffins on Jan. 31 as the team capped off its best January in team history. Forward Sam Anas led all skaters with three points (1g, 2a), while forwards JT Brown and Gerry Mayhew and defenseman Keaton Thompson added other tallies. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 27 of 28 shots in the victory.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew was named the CCM/AHL Player of the Month as he recorded 19 points (12g, 7a), four game-winning goals, five power-play goals and a plus-9 rating.
- Mayhew will skate in his 200th AHL contest tonight.
- Iowa’s nine wins in the month of January were the most victories in any month in team history.
- Iowa has scored first in each of its last three games and nine of its last 11 home games.
- San Antonio defeated the Texas Stars by a score of 3-2 on Jan. 31.
- Defenseman Derrick Pouliot leads the Rampage with 32 points (6g, 26a) in 42 games this season.
- Pouliot is just one of two blueliners to lead his respective team in points (other: Adam Clendening, CLE).
- Wednesday’s contest begins a 10-game road trip for the Rampage.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.