GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGEFeb 11, 2020
Iowa Wild (30-14-3-3; 66 pts.) vs. San Antonio Rampage (17-19-7-5; 46 pts.)
Iowa rides its season-best six-game winning streak into Tuesday’s contest against the San Antonio Rampage at Wells Fargo Arena. Iowa sits in second place in the Central Division with 66 points while San Antonio is in seventh place with 46 points. Iowa has won each of its last six contests against San Antonio in Des Moines.
The Wild exploded for seven goals, including five unanswered, as the team defeated the Stockton Heat by a score of 7-4 Sunday afternoon. Forward Gerry Mayhew led the way with four points (2g, 2a) and four other Wild players earned multi-point games (forwards Sam Anas, JT Brown and Luke Johnson and defenseman Brennan Menell.) Goaltender Mat Robson started his first game since Jan. 25 and stopped 25 of 29 shots in the win.
- The line of Nico Sturm, Sam Anas and Gerry Mayhew has accounted for 70 points (31g, 39a) in 48 combined games since Dec. 31.
- Iowa is 17-3-2 in the team’s last 22 games, the best record in the AHL during that stretch.
- Forward Sam Anas leads the Wild with four points (all assists) against the Rampage this season.
- Anas currently has a five-game point streak, amassing 12 points (4g, 8a) during that stretch.
- San Antonio handed the Rockford IceHogs a 3-2 loss Saturday evening.
- The Rampage are led by forward Nathan Walker and defenseman Derrick Pouliot, both of whom have 32 points.
- Defenseman Jake Walman leads all defensemen in shots with 132.
- San Antonio’s seven wins on the road are the second-fewest in the AHL.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.