GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. SAN JOSE BARRACUDAFeb 5, 2019
Iowa Wild (24-16-4-3; 55 pts.) vs. San Jose Barracuda (26-8-2-4; 58 pts.)
Iowa closes out its three-game road trip with a contest against the San Jose Barracuda. The game represents the first time since the 2015-16 season these two teams will meet. Iowa currently is third in the Central Division with 55 points while San Jose is first in the Pacific Division with 58 points.
Iowa saw its losing streak extend to three games with a 4-1 defeat at the hands of the San Diego Gulls. Forward Luke Kunin recorded the only goal of the game for the Wild, his ninth of the season, while goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 30 of 33 shots in the loss.
- Iowa is one of four teams in the AHL with a top-10 power play and penalty kill.
- The Wild is one of five teams and the only Western Conference team to post an even or positive goal differential in all periods, including overtime and shootouts.
- Iowa has a 4-2-0-2 record when trailing after one on the road, good for a .625 points percentage, the third-best mark in the AHL.
- Minnesota Wild reassigned forward JT Brown and defenseman Nate Prosser to Iowa while recalling forwards Luke Kunin and Kyle Rau on Feb. 4. Iowa also recalled goaltender CJ Motte from the Allen Americans of the ECHL.
- San Jose defeated the Stockton Heat by a score of 4-2 on Feb. 2.
- Forward Alexander True leads the Barracuda with 36 points (14g, 22a) in 40 games this season.
- Goaltender Josef Korenar leads all active qualified AHL goaltenders with a 2.20 goals against average and a .922 save percentage.
- As a team, San Jose allows the least amount of goals in the AHL, averaging 2.55 goals against per game.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.