GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. SAN JOSE BARRACUDAFeb 22, 2019
Iowa Wild (28-16-6-4; 66 pts.) vs. San Jose Barracuda (28-13-2-4; 62 pts.)
Iowa closes out a three-game homestand with a rematch against the San Jose Barracuda. The two teams meet for the third of four times this season, with the Wild winning the two previous contests. Iowa is currently in second in the Central Division with 66 points, while San Jose is in second in the Pacific with 62 points.
The Wild pushed its point streak to seven games as Iowa downed the Barracuda by a score of 4-3 Thursday evening. Forwards Mitch McLain, Cal O’Reilly, Matt Read and defenseman Michael Kapla all potted tallies in the game, while goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 31 of 34 shots. O’Reilly, Kapla, Dmitry Sokolov and Kyle Rau all recorded multi-point efforts in the game.
- Thursday’s win over San Jose was the 19th home win this season for the Wild, setting a new franchise record.
- Iowa is 6-0-2-1 when defenseman Nate Prosser is in the lineup.
- The Wild’s current seven-game point streak is the second longest such streak of the season and ranks fourth among active streaks in the AHL.
- This season, Iowa has had 82 multi-point games spread between 24 players.
- San Jose has lost five of its last seven contests.
- The Barracuda has recorded a power-play goal in each of its last five games.
- Defenseman Nick DeSimone currently is on a career-best eight-game point streak amassing nine points (2g, 7a) during that stretch.
- Goaltender Josef Korenar ranks second in the AHL with a 2.32 goals against average and represented San Jose at the 2019 AHL All-Star Classic alongside Wild goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.