GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. SAN JOSE BARRACUDAFeb 26, 2019
Iowa Wild (28-16-6-5; 67 pts.) vs. San Jose Barracuda (29-14-2-4; 64 pts.)
Iowa begins a six-game road trip, the longest of the season, with its third consecutive contest against the San Jose Barracuda. This season, Iowa is 2-0-0-1 against the Barracuda, including earning a 4-2 win in San Jose on Feb. 5. Iowa currently sits in third in the Central Division with 67 points while San Jose is in second in the Pacific with 64 points.
The Wild saw its point streak extended to eight games as the team fell to the San Jose Barracuda 3-2 in the shootout on Feb. 22. Forwards Kyle Rau and Matt Read recorded the tallies for the Wild, extending their individual point streaks to four and three games, respectively. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 22 of 24 shots as he started his third straight game and seventh of the team’s last eight.
- Iowa is 4-0-2-2 during its eight-game point streak, the second longest such streak of the season for the Wild.
- The Wild has lost each of the last four contests that have gone into the extra frame.
- Iowa has collected 31 points from games that have gone past regulation, the second most in the AHL.
- Against Pacific Division teams, Iowa has earned 19 points, the most of any Central Division club.
- San Jose fell to the Stockton Heat by a score of 4-1 Sunday evening.
- Forward Dylan Gambrell has three goals in two games against the Wild this season.
- The Barracuda’s plus-32 goal differential through the first 40 minutes of play is tied for the best mark in the AHL.
- San Jose acquired forward Jonathan Dahlen from Vancouver in exchange for forward Linus Karlsson.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.