GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. SAN JOSE BARRACUDAJan 17, 2020
Iowa Wild (22-13-3-2; 49 pts.) vs. San Jose Barracuda (13-20-0-2; 28 pts.)
After a five-game road trip, Iowa returns home for 12 of its next 13 games, starting with a contest against the San Jose Barracuda. Friday will be the first of four meetings between the two teams. Iowa sits in second place in the Central Division with 49 points, while San Jose is in last place in the Pacific Division with 28 points.
The Wild cruised to a 5-2 victory against the Bakersfield Condors Tuesday evening. Forward Gerry Mayhew recorded three points (2g, 1a) to lead all skaters, while forwards Luke Johnson and Dmitry Sokolov and defenseman Brennan Menell also added tallies in the game. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen made 17 saves on 19 shots in the contest.
- Iowa’s seven wins and .750 points percentage in Friday games are the best marks for the team on any day of the week.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew has taken a penalty in each of his last six contests, the longest active streak in the AHL.
- Iowa’s 17 wins when outshooting its opponent is tied for the most in the AHL.
- Minnesota recalled defenseman Nick Seeler from his conditioning assignment on Jan. 15.
- San Jose defeated the Colorado Eagles by a score of 7-2 Wednesday evening.
- Forward Maxim Letunov leads the Barracuda with 28 points (8g, 20a) in 34 games this season.
- Forward Alexander True earned his 50th AHL goal in Wednesday’s win for San Jose.
- Defenseman Trevor Carrick has eight goals on the season, tied for the most tallies by a blueliner in the AHL.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.