GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. STOCKTON HEATMar 22, 2019
Iowa Wild (34-19-7-5; 80 pts.) vs. Stockton Heat (25-28-4-2; 56 pts.)
Iowa continues its four-game road trip with a contest against the Stockton Heat Friday evening. The Wild currently sit in third place in the Central Division with 80 points while the Heat sit in sixth place in the Pacific with 56 points. Iowa is 1-1-0-0 this season against the Heat and 1-3-0-0 all-time against the Heat.
The Wild got back into the win column with a 2-0 victory against the Tucson Roadrunners Wednesday evening and dropped its magic number to clinch a playoff spot to 13 games in the process. Forwards Mitch McLain and Will Bitten recorded the goals for Iowa, while goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped all 24 shots sent his way.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly extended his assist streak to eight games, setting a Wild record for games with consecutive helpers.
- O’Reilly’s 44 assists rank second the AHL.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen is tied with Connor Ingram (SYR) with six shutouts for the most in the league.
- Iowa’s 74 third-period goals are the third most in the league for that frame.
- Stockton fell to the Tucson Roadrunners by a score to 5-2 on March 16.
- Forward Adam Quine leads the Heat with 52 points (19g, 33a) in 41 games this season.
- The Heat leads all AHL teams with 16 shorthanded goals.
- Stockton reassigned forward Curtis Lazar to Stockton on March 21.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.