GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. STOCKTON HEATMar 24, 2019
Iowa Wild (34-20-7-5; 80 pts.) vs. Stockton Heat (26-28-4-2; 58 pts.)
Iowa closes out its four-game road trip with a Sunday matinee against the Stockton Heat in California. Iowa heads into the contest sitting in third place in the Central Division with 80 points, while Stockton is in sixth place in the Pacific with 58 points. Iowa is 1-4-0-0 all-time against the Heat.
The Wild clawed back from a three-goal deficit but ultimately fell to the Stockton Heat by a score of 5-3 Friday evening. Defenseman Nate Prosser tallied his first goal in an Iowa sweater while forward Will Bitten and Dmitry Sokolov recorded the other tallies. Goaltender Andrew Hammond made 34 saves on 38 shots in the loss.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew had two helpers against the Heat on Friday, his fifth multi-assist game of the season.
- Defenseman Nate Prosser became the 27th player on the Wild this season to record a tally when he scored against Stockton Friday night.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly’s 24 power-play assists rank second in the league.
- Iowa is 5-5-1-1 this season against the Pacific Division on the road.
- Forward Tyler Sheehy made his AHL debut Friday against Stockton.
- Forward Buddy Robinson recorded his first four-point night on Friday since a five-point game against the Belleville Senators on Dec. 15, 2017.
- Goaltender Jon Gillies has started the past 12 games for the Heat.
- Forward Dillon Dube has recorded a goal in five of his last six games
- Forward Mason Morelli made his AHL debut Friday night against the Wild.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.