GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. STOCKTON HEATFeb 8, 2020
Iowa Wild (28-14-3-3; 62 pts.) vs. Stockton Heat (25-10-3-3; 56 pts.)
Iowa will hit the ice against the Stockton Heat Saturday night at Wells Fargo Arena as the organization celebrates its annual Pink in the Rink game. Iowa heads into the contest in second place in the Central Division with 62 points while Stockton enters the game with 56 points, good for second in the Pacific Division.
The Wild extended its point streak to seven games as the team handed the San Antonio Rampage its first shut out of the season in a 4-0 victory. Three defensemen recorded tallies for the Wild for the first time since Oct. 18 as Turner Ottenbreit, Matt Bartkowski and Louie Belpedio all earned goals. Forward Mason Shaw also scored in the contest and goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen made 19 saves in the win.
- Forward Mason Shaw’s goal was his first since April 23 and his first regular-season tally since April 13.
- Iowa is 3-2-0-1 all-time in Pink in the Rink contests, having earned points in each of the last four such games.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen’s 18 wins are tied for the most in the AHL with Manitoba’s Mikhail Berdin.
- Iowa’s opponents have been whistled for 758 penalty minutes this season, which is the most in the league.
- Stockton defeated the Bakersfield Condors by a score of 4-1 on Feb. 1.
- Forward Glenn Gawdin leads the Heat with 40 points (15g, 25a) in 41 games this season.
- Forward Austin Czarnik recorded his third career hat trick on Feb. 1 vs. Bakersfield.
- Calgary recalled defenseman Brandon Davidson from Stockton on Feb. 6.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.