GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT TEXAS STARSFeb 26, 2021
Iowa Wild (2-2-1-0; 5 pts.) at Texas Stars (3-2-0-0; 6 pts.)
Iowa dropped a pair of games last weekend in Chicago and was outscored by the Wolves 14-3 in the two contests. Texas began their four-game homestand with a split against San Jose, losing on Friday 5-2 and winning on Saturday 5-3. Iowa and Texas had their Feb. 24 game postponed due to COVID-19 league protocols.
TEXAS’ EARLY EDGE
The Wild and the Stars opened the regular season at Wells Fargo Arena, where Texas took two of the three games, including an OT win on Feb. 8, 3-2. Forwards Riley Damiani (2g-2a-4pts) and Adam Mascherin (1g-3a-4pts) lead the Stars in scoring during the series, while Iowa’s series scoring leader is forward Gabriel Dumont (3g-1a-4pts). Texas goaltender Colton Point has stopped 53 of 59 shots for two wins in the series.
- Defenseman Calen Addison and goaltender Dereck Baribeau have returned from the Minnesota Taxi Squad.
- Forward Gabriel Dumont is on a league-high six-game point streak.
- The Wild have signed defenseman Turner Ottenbreit to a PTO. Ottenbreit skated in 30 games last year with Iowa.
- Rookie defenseman Ryan O’Rourke recorded his first pro point (assist) in last Saturday’s loss to Chicago.
- Tonight marks forward Mitch McLain’s 100th AHL game.
- Forward Riley Damiani is fourth in scoring amongst all AHL rookies. He also leads the Stars in scoring.
- Defenseman Thomas Harley is second in rookie defenseman scoring in the AHL.
- Texas is averaging 3.80 goals-per-game which is third in the AHL.
- The Stars’ seven power play goals are tied for most in the AHL.
- Texas is 9-3-0-0 over the last five seasons when playing at home against Iowa.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.