GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. TEXAS STARSMay 12, 2021
Iowa Wild (15-12-4-0; 32 pts.) vs. Texas Stars (16-16-4-0; 35 pts.)
The Wild and the Stars clash for the first of three games to wrap up the 2020-21 AHL season, Wednesday night at Wells Fargo Arena.
Iowa has rolled out of the gates to start the month of May, as they are unbeaten in the month so far. Most recently, Iowa pitched a 2-0 shutout over the Rockford IceHogs at BMO Harris Bank Center on Sunday, May 9. Texas has also had an impressive start to May, as they have lost only once in regulation through five games this month. The Stars last contest was a 3-1 win at home over the Tucson Roadrunners on Sunday, May 9.
- Iowa is a perfect 3-0 in May and has outscored their opponents 13-3 over that span.
- Forward Will Bitten is on a four-game point streak and has six goals and eight assists in his last 12 games played.
- After going 1-7-1 in his first nine pro starts, goalie Hunter Jones is 6-2 in his last eight starts and has two shutouts.
- Iowa’s most recent stint with Texas was a road trip at the end of March, where Iowa won three-of-four games in Texas.
- Texas has wins in four of their last six games played, and only lost in regulation once over that stretch.
- The Stars have won two-of-three contests so far this season at Wells Fargo Arena.
- Texas has five players in double digits for goals, only one other team (San Diego) has more in the AHL.
- Rookie defenseman Thomas Harley leads all rookie defenseman in scoring with 22 points.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.