GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. TEXAS STARSMay 14, 2021
Iowa Wild (16-12-4-0; 36 pts.) vs. Texas Stars (16-17-4-0; 35 pts.)
The Wild and the Stars collide for the second of three games to finish the 2020-21 AHL season, Friday night at Wells Fargo Arena.
WEDNESDAY’S COMEBACK WIN
Iowa roared back with three third period goals for a come-from-behind win over Texas, Wednesday night at Wells Fargo Arena. The Wild offense was fueled by rookies, as defenseman Daemon Hunt and forwards Nick Swaney and Matt Boldy scored for Iowa. Texas got a goal from forward Ty Dellandrea. Friday night’s contest in Des Moines is the second straight matchup between Iowa and Texas. The season series and season concludes on Saturday night at Wells Fargo Arena.
- Iowa has won four straight to open the month of May and has outscored their opponents, 16-4.
- Hunt and Swaney’s goals were both professional firsts for the Wild rookie skaters.
- Wild goaltender Hunter Jones made 28 saves for his third straight win and is 7-2 in his last nine games played.
- Iowa has taken four straight wins from the Stars, dating back to a Mar. 30 overtime loss in Texas.
- Forward Riley Damiani recorded an assist in Wednesday’s game and now has 34 points, which leads all AHL rookies.
- The Stars power play is 0-32 against Iowa since. Feb. 8.
- Dellandrea’s goal was his fourth point in the last five games and his second goal in the last four games.
- Rookie defenseman Thomas Harley leads all rookie defensemen in scoring with 22 points.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.