GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. TEXAS STARSMay 15, 2021
Iowa Wild (17-12-4-0; 38 pts.) vs. Texas Stars (16-18-3-0; 35 pts.)
Iowa and Texas duel for the third straight game in the season finale, Saturday night at Wells Fargo Arena. The Wild come into the contest on a five-game winning streak and have gone 13-3-2 in their last 18 outings.
Iowa won their fifth straight game, and took their fifth win in a row from Texas, in a 5-4 victory Friday night at Wells Fargo Arena. The Wild came from behind on three different occasions, and received multi-point performances from four different players, on their way to their seventh win in the last ten games. The Wild and the Stars clash one final time, Saturday night, to conclude the 34-game 2020-21 AHL regular season.
- After going 4-9-2-0 in their first 15 games this season, the Wild are 13-3-2 since then.
- With a win Saturday night, the Wild would finish with a 6-0 record in May, the first perfect month in franchise history.
- Wild goaltender Hunter Jones made 19 saves for his fourth straight win, and is 8-2 in his last ten games played.
- Despite two seasons in a row with no AHL playoffs, the Wild have finished in a playoff spot three straight seasons.
- Texas has lost five straight games to Iowa, dating back to Mar. 31, 2021.
- With an 0-3 performance on Friday night, the Stars power play is 0-35 against Iowa since Feb. 8.
- Rookie forward Mavrik Bourque recorded his first pro point on Friday in a three-assist performance.
- Rookie defenseman Thomas Harley scored twice on Friday and leads all AHL defensemen in scoring with 24 points.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.